The PARCC (Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Inserm U970) succeeded in bringing together an important critical mass of basic and clinician scientists, who share a vision and common objectives in the field of cardiovascular diseases. PARCC teams are conducting projects, spanning basic molecular and cellular biology to integrated physiology and pathophysiology, biomarkers, genetics and epidemiology, with the goal of understanding, at a more refined and mechanistic level, disease processes in atherosclerosis, angiogenesis, hypertension, heart failure and sudden cardiac death, and also at the interface between cardiology and oncology. They are developing novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. Translational research is an integral part of the mission of the PARCC, in close connection with clinical laboratories and departments of the HEGP hospital.
The PARCC is part of the Université de Paris Cité and of the Institut des sciences cardiovasculaires de l’université de Paris
Healthy sleep score changes and incident cardiovascular disease in European prospective community-based cohorts. Nambiema A, Lisan Q, Vaucher J, Perier MC, Boutouyrie P, Danchin N, Thomas F, Guibout C, Solelhac G, Heinzer R, Jouven X, Marques-Vidal P, Empana JP. Eur. Heart J. 2023 Oct 23;ehad657.
Treatment of severe symptomatic aortic valve stenosis using
non-invasive ultrasound therapy: a cohort study. Messas E, Ijsselmuiden A,
Trifunović-Zamaklar D, Cholley B, Puymirat E, Halim J, Karan R, van Gameren M,
Terzić D, Milićević V, Tanter M, Pernot M, Goudot G. Lancet. 2023 Nov
The PARCC is dedicated to experimental disease-oriented research and has as primary aim to catalyze and speed up the production of basic knowledge related to the understanding of the cellular and molecular basis of cardiovascular disease. Its main mission is to maintain an optimal scientific and medical environment in order to promote excellence in cardiovascular translational research.
Our overall goals for the 2019-2025 period are :
1. to pursue internationally leading laboratory-to-bedside research programs that address fundamental molecular, cellular and physiological mechanisms underlying normal and abnormal cardiovascular function and diseases
2. to maintain a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment which catalyzes the pursuit of imaginative and innovative research programs, based on complementary expertise of the PARCC teams (cell and molecular biology, physiology/pathophysiology, pharmacology, immunology, endocrinology, genetics, epidemiology, imaging)
3. to link these to translational research that improves the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human cardiovascular disease
4. to establish an optimal environment with cutting-edge technology
5. to undertake high quality research training of non-clinical and clinical scientists
The strategy to achieve our objectives is multifaceted, but is mainly built upon the expertise in basic and clinical translational research of the teams that started internal collaborations, as well as upon strong interactions with the clinical divisions at HEGP (cardiology, cardiovascular prevention, hypertension, medicine, genetics, cardiac and vascular surgery), as well as with the Clinical Investigation Center and the Clinical Research Unit